Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 14 (and catching up with yesterday)

Yesterday, I apparently worked myself too hard and just about passed out in the evening.  I had a really good workout, and got a lot of little things done at home.  I even tried out two new recipes (Lambert's rolls and flour tortillas), but they both had me on my feet for much longer than I apparently wanted to be.  When I crashed, I crashed hard.  I did manage to almost finish reading Podhajsky (and the horse training portion is now about 2/3 of the way outlined.  I'm not sure if I'm going to finish the outline before July is over, but I figure I can do that if I have time after I finish next month's piece), and I decluttered the laundry room.  Now, to finish the laundry room, all I have to do is number  52 and have a home improvment project of putting down new flooring in there - super excited about that!  If I get real industrious, I might even paint the walls and reface the cabinets but, like I said, I'd have to get real industrious.  I finally captured a picture of Blues yesterday, so yay for that :)

Today, I did darn near nothing.  Got some more reading and outlining done and had the farrier come out to do a check-up on Crystal's wonky foot.  Go figure, we have one shoe on her and I'm not riding her for the next three weeks until she's actually due for her feet.  Horses are such work!  Other than that, I took my picture and took care of the floors.  That's pretty much it.  Yesterday was a no spend day, so I think that officially puts me at our required 5 for this half of a month.  I did also eat a new cheese today, but I have no idea what it was, so I don't think I can count that on my list.  I'm hoping that I feel a little more like myself tomorrow and actually get things noteworthy done.

Today's 5 Things
  1. We got fresh dog food today, so all of the inside critters should be good to go for the next month or so.
  2. The nail that Crystal sent flying out into the yard was found, so no horses are going to step on it.
  3. I gave myself a mini-spa night, complete with a face mask, just for the heck of it :)
  4. I should be getting 60 bales of hay delivered within a week!
  5. My mom's getting ready to send me the recipe for my favorite chocolate chip cookies :)  We've discovered just how much money we can save by eating at home (we used to eat out almost all the time, no kidding), and I've decided to make a conscious effort to start making my own sweets (and am, obviously, even trying my hand at breads) so I don't have to keep buying them.  I'm also playing around with whether or not I want to make my own cheeses, but that's something I'll have to talk to my dad about.

No comments:

Post a Comment