Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 6 (yesterday)

I didn't get around to updating the blog yesterday (oops), but that didn't mean that I didn't get *something* accomplished.  I've been pretty preoccupied with real life stuff - the drought causing a hay crisis, my mom having surgery, my mare going lame, the air conditioner in the house I'm house sitting going out, taking care of 3 extra animals for said house - that kind of stuff.  After yesterday's stellar workout, however, I just felt off for the rest of the day.  It took me until right before bed to realize that the house sitting part of things was screwing up my morning routine and I had forgotten to take my vitamins two days in a row.  Not sure if they're related or not, but long story short, I went to bed at probably 9:30 last night, not really caring what did and didn't get done.

2 Thankfully, I didn't read much yesterday.  I'm saying thankfully, because I know that nothing would have stuck or even floated around in my head to think about.  Since the topic of the day was making halt-canter transitions (something that Crystal is pretty far from getting to still, and that Star already knows - even if he tries to be a speed horse about it sometimes), I think it's okay for me to revist that at a more appropriate time, anyway.

17 My photo of the day (STILL waiting on the FB album for that... yeah, I'm bad) was of three of my gnomes in their new "home" in the house (Joe, Oliver and Andy, from left to right when I finally get the picture up).  I want to keep introducing the critters, but I keep forgetting to take my pictures until after dark, and Blues squints into the flash every single time.

32 and 33 went super well yesterday!  I decided since the last two times I tried to run were total flops (last time, my calves seized up, the time before that, I could only make it 25 minutes instead of my 35 minute goal), I decided to mix things up a bit. According to "Couch to 5k", which I am pretty much following, I'm in the week where I should be running for 90 seconds, recovering for 2 minutes and repeating for 20 (or in my case, 30) minutes.  My husband had me pacing at 4 mph walking, 6 mph running, but forgot to tell me that my 5 minute warm up should be 3-3.5 mph, not the 4.  Anyway, yesterday I was more concerned about distance than speed, so I did 4/5.5 sets instead and felt great afterwards.  I went on to strength train my shoulders, biceps, thighs and abs.  It was a productive day at the gym (that consequently left me fried for the rest of the day.  Oh well).

38 was supposed to be wrapped up in the master bedroom yesterday, but due to my husband's work schedule having him sleep most of the day yesterday, I couldn't get in there to finish my work while I was still "with it" for the day.  Instead, I began work on the living room, which is going to be a massive project, since it's somehow our hard-core catch-all for the house.  I had the computer desk (including the ancient and huge borken computer that somehow has moved with us two times in that state) absolutely beautiful yesterday, and it's already cluttered up again.  Good thing I don't start the "place for everything" goal until everything officially has a place, huh?  Either way, the living room really doesn't have *that* much work (I don't think).  I might try to finish it during the day today, move on to the guest bathroom (which is more of an organizational thing than a decluttering thing), and then finish the master tonight.  That will let me have half the house absolutely clean!  Then, all I'll have is the laundry room, and the two back "offices" which are going to be multi-day beasts, for sure, since they're where we cram the stuff we don't know where else to keep. 

44 has uncovered yet another really interesting side-effect.  Not only does taking care of the floors every day give me fewer "puppies and kittens" (which is what we call hair balls in this house, since our animals shed probably the equivalent of another small animal worth of hair every day) floating around, but it also gives me a really good reason to put the shoes away and pick up the dog toys every night and things like that.  My house *is* staying cleaner, and it's super exciting!  We have one of those bagless vaccuums that you just dump the container out, and I'm not even joking when I say that even vaccuuming daily, we still pick up half the container of dust, dander and dog hair every single day.  No wonder the carpets always looked like hell when I'd maybe get to them once every week or so.  Also, Kiga's allergies seem to be doing a little bit better, which confirms my suspicion that she might be allergic either to herself or other animals.

45 I have failed this attempt at waxing the floors (though I did get the windows washed!), so I will start my 2 months of doing that next week.  I'm not sure what happened here, as I actually kind of like waxing the floors, but that's okay.  Fortunately, I was smart enough to put a time frame on this one, so I don't have to go through the next three years thinking that I failed.

60 Yesterday was another no-spend day (which is super easy to manage, since we have no "spending money" to spend with at the moment).  We're aiming for another one today, but I'm not going to count on it until we reach the end. 

And this leaves me with my 5 things for the day:
  1. I found my zip ties and was thus able to put the crate that the enthusiastic lab across the street destroyed back together
  2. My workout made me feel crazy good
  3. My husband cooked for me <3
  4. I managed to create an empty box for Ninja to play in (which, funny I should mention that, is today's - Day 7's - picture of the day)
  5. I got the DVD shelf fixed so that the shelves actually stay up - and all of my DVDs look so pretty in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment