Monday, July 16, 2012

A little (or maybe a lot) about me

First of all, I haven't blogged since I was in high school (which has been pretty much forever), and I really only know probably three things about computers, so please forgive me for any hickups that might come along.

In my own mind, I don't consider myself a terribly interesting person, but then again, I am already quite familiar with who I am as a person.  I'm the youngest and only daughter in a family of four, have my Bachelor's in Animal Science, and am a military wife.  My husband and I live on a small horse farm and have a pretty full house (of pretty much everything but human kids), which I'm sure will become evident over the next 1001 days worth of blog posts.

I collect garden gnomes, fortune cookie fortunes, and My Little Ponies.  I swear to you, I am not making any of that up.  I'm an uncontrollable writer of questionable talent, though I've never been formally published.  I'm what I consider a novice dressage rider and love mowing my lawn.  I really enjoy the idea of playing video games, but am really only any good at Dynasty Warriors, Guitar Hero and Plants vs Zombies.  I am, however, a great, big nerd.  I am an absolutely terrible speller (would you believe that the school district I attended didn't have spelling tests when I was in elementary school because they were afraid teaching the kids how to spell would dampen their creativity?).

So, why am I doing this 101 Things in 1001 Days challenge?  First of all, as I mentioned up in my first real paragraph, I know myself quite well.  Too well, maybe, and that has taken a lot of the fun out of my daily adventures.  Hopefully, giving myself a set of challenges will help me learn some new things.  That leads me to my second motivation - I love challenges.  I don't take direct orders very well (it's why my husband's in the military, not the other way around), but if someone challenges me (or I boldly make it known that I'm going to accomplish something), I'm all over it.  Only a small portion of the items on my list were ever real, solid desires of mine, but I'm going to walk away three years from now with so many new experiences!

Well, that's me in a nutshell.  I'm sure other random bits of information will pop up about me through the blog posts that will follow, and I'm going to do my best to be dilligent with the upkeep of this blog.  Even if no one really reads it, it'll be a great way for me to chart my progress, and hopefully serve as an inspiration of sorts to other people that want to go on a 101 Things journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment