Monday, July 16, 2012

My List

It took me about a week to come up with 101 things that seemed interesting or simply have to get done.  I've broken them down into categories, and they are listed in no particular order.  My biggest challenge that I foresee is needing to let some of these items go (in my eyes: Failing) if the military gives us orders, as some are quite location-specific.  Should that happen, I reserve the right to come up with replacement goals in those spots.  Also, I have several goals that are along the lines of "do this, that, or the other for a month."  My hopes for those are that they become habits and I stick with them, but I was a little daunted to get too ambitious about them from the get-go.  I have a few that are on-going tasks with no time limit that I'm going to cross off the list after a solid year of keeping up with them, solely so I can see "progress" on my list and not get discouraged. 

So, here is my list.  Once an item is complete, I will change its font to blue (this is, of course, assuming that I figure out how to go back and edit old posts.  Like I said, I really don't know much about computers).  Items in progress will be in red.  I fully plan to explain the reasons behind why I chose each of these goals as I blog about the individual challenge, so if you're trying to figure out why I wanted to learn how to yodel, give it time :)

Equine Goals
1. Earn my USDF Bronze medal
2. Study a new piece of equestrian literature each month (1/33)
3. Start up my riding program
4. Get ARIA and/or CHA certified
5. Pick paddocks every day for a month
6. Work both horses six days a week for a month
7. Learn to age horses by their teeth
8. Fix the arena footing
9. Finish painting my dressage letters
10. Choreograph and ride a muscial freestyle

Writing Goals
11. Finish editing my first two novels
12. Get Devotion available to the public
13. Complete NaNoWriMo each year (0/3)
14. Finish my super-embarassing fanfic
15. Begin my "Novel Project"
16. Design/conceptualize a zine

Arts and Crafty Goals
17. Complete a Photo-A-Day challenge (41/365)
18. Finish my Mass Effect Pony cast (3/20)
19. Get my custom dream painting done!
20. Make a no/low budget film at least 30 minutes long
21. Finish my towel quilt
22. Make a documentary (different from number 20's film)
23. Paint a penguin

Musical Goals
24. Finish my song parody
25. Learn to play one song on the harmonica
26. Learn to yodel
27. Listen to a new (to me) band every week (6/143)
28. Start practicing my flute again

Health and Fitness Goals
29. Complete at least one mud run each year (0/4)
30. Eat only home-prepared food for one month
31. Complete a SELF Challenge
32. Strength train 3 times per week for a month
33. Do cardio 3 times per week for a month
34. Weather permitting, walk the dogs daily for a month
35. Try a new sport
36. Get a perfect score on the USAF women's PT test
37. Hike in a national park

Domestic Goals
38. Get rid of everything that I don't love or don't need (4/9 locations)
39. One day a month, try a new recipe (2/33)
40. Put away laundry and dishes as they're finished
41. Turn master suite into a relaxing sanctuary
42. Frame and hang my accumulated art
43. Organize my file cabinet
44. Sweep and vaccuum daily for a month
45. Clean windows and floors weekly for two months
46. Impliment "A place for everything and everything in its place"
47. Fill up my photo albums
48. Back up my home videos off my camera
49. Sit down at the kitchen table once a week for dinner (6/143)

Home Improvement Goals
50. Detail Donovan and Clunky (and keep them clean)
51. Do 1 DIY project a month (1/33)
52. Fix, move and hook up good washer and dryer
53. Organize the storage shed
54. Make a string garden
55. Plant an herb garden
56. Create a bonsai garden
57. Fix the hot tub
58. Get a fountain!!
59. Get a storm shelter

Personal Goals
60. Have 10 no-spend days each month (1/33)
61. Take quarterly mini vacations (0/11)
62. Be grateful for 5 things every day
63. Attend church more regularly
64. Leave a 100% tip some time (for good service, only, of course)
65. Pay off all non-mortgage debt
66. Visit a psychic/palm reader just for the heck of it

Nerdy Goals
67. Learn to play a shooter
68. Try out 10 new animes per Ray's suggestions (0/10)

Athletic Goals
69. Learn to skateboard
70. Do the splits
71. Take up archery
72. Go canoeing
73. Learn to shoot a firearm
74. Get a hole in one (in putt putt)
75. Go go-kart racing
76. Take a pole dancing lesson

Style Goals
77. Paint my nails a new, fun way weekly for a year (6/52)
78. Try something new with my hair

Cultural Goals
79. Take more Latin Dance lessons
80. Brush up on my Italian
81. Brush up on my Spanish
82. Learn minimum of tourist German
83. Learn minimum of tourist Japanese
84. Learn to say one word (taking suggestions on that word, btw) in 50 different languages (0/50)

Just For Fun Goals
85. Inventory and display my My Little Pony collection
86. Officially name all of my gnomes
87. Find and shop in a new antique store/flea market each month (1/33)
88. Design my dream house and barn
89. Meet a famous person
90. Eat a bag of chips one at a time (as in, one chip per sitting, to prove it can be done)
91. Learn to juggle
92. Count how many times Adrian Monk says "wipe" in the series of Monk
93. Play a game at the table weekly (6/143)
94. Photobomb 10 times! (0/10)
95. Eat 100 different cheeses (16/100)
96. Watch the American Film Institutes 100 funniest movies of all time (0/100)
97. Build a snowman
98. Learn to make three different forms of bubble art (0/3)
99. Go over-board, ribbon-happy one Christmas
100. Get my Billers ring fixed
101. Buy something off of Craigslist

Whew! I know that some of those are pretty laughable to a lot of you (especially if you look at what I consider "athletic" - that's almost laughable to *me*!), but you have to keep two things in mind. 1. It was really freaking hard to come up with 101 things to do! and 2. I am a terrible procrastinator. I'm counting on all of you to keep me on track over the next three years to get this stuff done!

No comments:

Post a Comment