Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 2

Wow!  I barely got *anything* on my list done today.  The farrier came out to trim my horses' hooves, and since she's one of only about three people around where I live that I consider a close friend, our "quick trims" always turn in to three hour conversations about the local horse industry.  I love our talks, but it really fills the day up quick!

Besides that, I didn't get very much sleep last night, so my motivation was pretty much nothing for the whole day.  I'm probably going to talk quite a bit about not sleeping well, and that's because I have a weird insomnia issue that the doctor's trying to help me work out without medication.  My current prescription is blackout curtains, a set time to wake up (no snooze - boooo!), and absolutely nothing to entertain myself with before bed.  That means no writing or reading in the bedroom which TOTALLY doesn't work for me.  My best stuff comes out at night, so I've been feeling deprived of a creative outlet for about the past week.  The only other place that I can't quit writing at is on our front porch, but with the heat advisories we've been under, outdoor activities are down right unpleasant.

My day ended with two hours at the neighbors' house while we were going over what flowers I needed to water and what to do to take care of their dogs and turtle while they leave for a mini vacation.  That adds up to five hours that I spent chattering and otherwise unproductive today, along with dragging from a lack of energy.  I had so many plans for today - I was going to tackle starting 45 (windows and waxing floors), continue working on Mordin Pony, play a little more Halo and make more progress through decluttering my office than I got around to.  Chin up, though.  Tomorrow's a new day, and if the way I'm feeling right now is any sign of how well I'm going to sleep as soon as I'm done with my shower, I should be full of energy then.

Today's list work is piddly-poor (did I just make that up?).

2. I read a little more from Podhajsky, but I don't know how much I actually was able to soak in.  Nothing stands out to me as quote-worthy right now, which probably means that I need to go back and read it again when I'm better rested so I can actually absorb what he said. 

14. Finish my super-embarassing Fanfic
Haha!  I did get some progress done here - only about 300 words, but at least it was *something*.  I'm not sure if it's every actually going to form its way into a coherent story or not, but I might sit down (on the couch, grrr...) and outline all of the "important" chapters that need to get told so I can just spit things out rapid-fire in the future.  I already know everything that's going to happen, and know it well.  It's just getting myself to sit down and write it down.  I think that knowing it so well is what makes that so hard - I try to rush myself when I write.  Maybe I should go against my comfort zone and type it instead of longhand it.  I'll give it a go in the morning.

70. Do the splits
This is going to sound really dumb, but ever since I was like 12 or something, I've made the New Year's resolution to be able to do the splits.  As a kid I was always too scared to try, because I thought my legs would pop off like my Barbie dolls' did when I tried to make them do the splits.  As I got older, I realized that it was just a matter of stretching.  Still haven't made it to that point yet, but I'm actively working on becoming more flexible. 


77. (cont'd from yesterday)  As promised, here's the pic of my fingernail painting.  Not anything too spectacular, but I couldn't find my tape, so was a little limited on what I could do.  My husband says they look like watermelons, which is a pretty good observation.  I actually intended for them to be a nerd-reference, but that failed when I had to use the pink as the main color instead of the accent.  Maybe next week...


 17. Today's photo is of both the doggers.  Kiga is my 9 year old Belgian Malinois/Husky that I'm pretty comfortable declaring as the best dog in the whole wide world.  I even composed a song that says so.  Kurz snuck in because he was trying to creep up on the air conditioner vent that is right where their paws are.  AND you get to see how fabulous my couches are.  I totally "stole" them from my parents - I don't remember a time without these couches :-)


62's daily grattitude
  1. My farrier came out - yay! 
  2. When Blues (one of my cats) tried to springboard off my shoulder onto the kitty tower, she didn't tear up my arm
  3. I now have a sixth betta fish in the house.  Granted, he's just being "fish sat," but I still love fishies!
  4. I'm actually tired at bed time
  5. I found a way to rig my husband's LAN cable so it's not all over the floor.  We're going to actually run it across the ceiling one of these days, but now I don't feel like I'm going to hit it when I throw dog toys

Oh! 40 went as planned today, as well, and I got yesterday's leftover glasses washed.  No laundry today, though.  I'm saving my sweeping and vaccuuming for right before bed again, and 95 now has parm, romano, grana padano, ricotta, fontina and colby added to it.  I never once said that I wasn't a cheese fiend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment