Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 17

It's officially a new month!  It's officially August!

Today started off with one of my dogs accidentally biting through one of my fingers and tearing a quarter of the cuticle/nail bed off.  I take full responsibility for the accident, as I was literally quadruple tasking while trying to play tug. That'll teach me.  Long story short, I had a pretty heftly list of animals to bathe and water troughs to scrub today that aren't going to be tended to until this thing heals up enough for me to submerge into potentially disgusting water.

Also, I saw a picture today that a mother proudly posted of her chair-seated, teenaged son riding a lathered-up paint horse fitted with a curb bit and draw reins.  Yeah.

2 I (re)began Dr. Thomas Ritter's "The Biomechanical Basics of Classical Riding" today, and I finally feel like I'm ready to thoroughly digest what he has to say.  Podhajsky did a fantastic job explaining the classical system, where Dr. Ritter gets much more technical.  I tried to read it a few months ago and just had trouble getting things to click.  I'm hoping that Podhajsky's given me a bit more background and that this attempt to read this book will be much more successful :-)

17 Today's picture is super depressing.  There was a girl on the MLP forum that I never really liked - she's a very abraisive and negative person.  She decided (in a post about hay prices, go figure) to go on about how the media is just making up this drought and corresponding corn crisis, so I drove around for a few minutes to snap some shots of all of these fields that are clearly thriving so that the media has something to lie to us about. 

32 I did do some strength training today (thanks for the workouts, Pinterest!), despite being told to have today off.  Shhhh... don't tell my husband!

All of my other routine to-do's got done today, too.  I'm loving my clean kitchen, that's for sure!  My productivity has clearly been slacking, which I feel terrible about, but at least today I have an excuse for taking things easy.  Before my husband went to work last night, he turned on a video game that I'm apparently addicted to.  I played it from 10:30 until 2 in the morning without even realizing it, then had to wake up at 7.  Ouch.

Aiming for tomorrow to go more smoothly and for my dang finger to quit hurting.

Today's 5 Things:
  1. The bite could have been a LOT worse - and I have an amazing dog who immediately knew what she did was wrong and punished herself for it.
  2. Traded in a couple of duplicate movies so I could get some magazines (little known fact about me: I'm addicted to periodicals)
  3. The cookies I baked the other day are gone, so they cannot tempt me any longer :)
  4. I get to work out tomorrow! (Funny story about this - every time, the day before I work out, I always get super pumped about it.  The next morning, I'm always dragging my feet about getting out to the gym.  Every.  Time.)
  5. I may have found the easiest, cheapest and most practical solution for a hay barn EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment