Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 27

Long story short, I spent most of the day absolutely livid.  I really don't want to get into it, because it had be absolutely devastated and was all due to a complete misunderstanding.  However, as is usual for me, being angry made me want to just *do* stuff, so I got a lot of things that I didn't really want to do done (until another migraine started sneaking up on me - I've only ever had one other in my life before now, I hope nothing's seriously wrong).  Despite this, I never want to have a day this bad again.  Ever.

8 Fix the arena
It officially started today!  When it was first installed by the previous owners, they for some reason did not grade the base properly, and then proceeded to have about 18 inches worth of sand uniformly dumped in it (didn't know this before we bought it, as it was winter, just after "Snowmageddon" when we looked at it).  Mysteriously between putting an offer on the place and closing, her old show gelding bowed a tendon.  She told us it was "being an idiot in the pasture" but I'll bet reasonable money that it was due to the dangerous and absolutely crappy footing in the arena.  Needless to say, I haven't done a lot of riding in there, and not doing much riding in there has made me do pretty much no upkeep in it (not that I *could* drag it - my riding mower sinks in parts of it and we have to actually *lift* it out).  Right now, it has enough forage growing in it to count as a fourth pasture for me.  My goal is to find someone with a front-loader and box blade to help move the sand and even things out, but first, I need to get rid of all of the plant life.  So, today began the chore of "weeding" the arena.  Being super angry worked well for this, as it's great stress relief to pull things out of the ground. 

Today's photo was me being sneaky - my neighbors are out of town again and I'm taking care of their dog again.  They are one house of a very, very few that still has flowers growing, so I snuck one of my gnomes, William, over there for a photo shoot in the marigolds.  (I'm wanting to decorate my hall bathroom with gnome art)

I also began pretty hard-core work on cleaning out my office and really think I have it about halfway done.  If it rains tomorrow like it's supposed to (please, God, let it rain tomorrow like it's supposed to!) and I'm limited to indoor activities, I'm pretty sure it will get finished, which will allow me to complete organizing my file cabinet and taking inventory of/displaying my ponies.  It also allowed me to locate my photo albums that need to get filled, thanks to 47.  Rain would also let me do more reading and quilting with a clear consceince (I need to get to work on my literature this month!)

Laundry, dishes and floors all got done, and I researched what herbs I would want to plant in my herb garden.  Pinterest gave me the cutest idea for a hanging indoor herb harden that I might have to see if I can work out.  More on that, later, I'm sure.  Today was my third no-spend day of the month, and I'm going to aim for us to continue having no spend days until pay day (the 15th).  Not sure if we'll accomplish that or not, but it would be nice :-)

Today's 5 Things
  1. I found the absolute BEST idea for a vegetable garden EVER!  I'm probably going to try to construct it sometime this fall in anxious anticipation for next year :-)
  2. Baked some cookies today and even got help cleaning up after them.
  3. Our high was only around 85 today <3  Can't wait for autumn!
  4. We caught my migraine today before it got to the trying to throw up and thinking I'm dying stage, which is better than the alternative
  5. I'm gearing up to start my first scheduled "semester" of "classes" via laying a set schedule out.  Hoping it goes well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment