Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 32 (yesterday)

Dang!  I'm getting bad about updating this blog!

Anyway, yesterday was a glorious no-spend day, which puts us at five for the month of August.  Not a very good stat, overall, but with only five more of them to go, we should be fine.

I got more "weeding" done in the arena, and realized that once I get this finished (should take me another 12 days at the rate it's going... ugh!), it will be the first time since we first looked at the property that I've seen it without grass in it!  I might have to take a break from the weeding, though, as even with gloves, it's wreaking havoc on my hands.

I also got more paddock picking done, and it's going much better than I thought!  The horses seem pretty happy with their cleaner environment, and I sure know that I am.  At the rate I'm going (which could really get sped up quite a bit if I didn't have other things that I liked to get done during the day), I should be to maintenance level in about three days.  Yay!  Once I'm there, it'll pretty much be a 5-10 minute a day task and not so much of a tedious chore.  I'm super excited for that time!

I got all of my normal daily things finished, and really, really enjoyed my first day of not needing to sweep and vacuum.  Yes, I do plan on continuing doing that on an almost-daily basis now, as it's done a TON for how my house looks, Kiga's allergies and how much easier it is to maintain everything on a cleaner standard, but I boldly declared yesterday that since I didn't *have* to do it, I wasn't going to.  That didn't stop me from sweeping up the laundry room, though.  Habit, established.

Yesterday's 5 Things
  1. I know I already mentioned it above, but I'm super stoked about getting my weeding started.  I need this arena fixed asap, and it looks *so good* where it's clear of forage!
  2. I baked cookies!  My favorite kind for a change!
  3. I make a lot of pad thai, because it's easy and relatively healthy.  For some reason, it turned out exceptionally well yesterday.
  4. Kurz is a bit of a ninny when it comes to "scary" things that aren't really scary.  Yesterday, he showed his first sign of attempting to be brave.  There's hope for him!
  5. I got to start the day off with some really great video game time, mosty Dynasty Warriors <3
I'm going to do my absolute darndest to update again, on time, this evening before bed, but I'm not going to make any promises, since I've been so terrible at it lately.  Let's all keep our fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment