Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Days 30 (yesterday) and 31

Okay, so my workout the other night kept me absolutely wired until 3am, which put me off all day yesterday.  I accomplished everything that had to get done yesterday, but by the end of the day, the last thing that I wanted to do was blog about it.  Consequently, I don't really have too much to say about the goings on (that, and most of the day was kind of fuzzy, what with three and a half hours of sleep and all).  I did manage to write down my 5 Things though :)

  1. It rained!
  2. We got pallets for the hay that's on its way so I don't have to lose access to my ground poles again!
  3. I got to have pretty good nerd time at Game Stop
  4. Rescued an almost sad orchid from Lowes - the sole survivor of their selection
  5. I churned out 6030 words on my 'fic towards Camp NaNo.
Today went a little bit better than yesterday, as I caught up on sleep.  I continued on with my paddock picking, completed my LAST DAY of required floor maintenance (it has, as I had hoped, become a pretty ingrained habit now, but now if I feel like going to bed before the floors are done, it's no biggie).  Got some good reading done, very very minimal 'fic work (so I missed my 15k in 48 hours challenge, but hopefully I'll get some good stuff done tomorrow).  Got to they gym and ran for 20 minutes straight, which is unheard of for me - I'm going to aim for 25 minutes on Friday's workout, then slowly climb to 35, when I'll start to increase my speed.  Something's gone screwy with my right wrist, which put a damper on weight lifting, but I managed enough.

My most exciting thing?  I got to go to the fair again.  My husband promised me he'd take me this year and we missed the first three times that he told me we could go due to, well... we're not going to talk about me not getting to go to the fair three times.  We were going to aim for tomorrow, but since we're supposed to have thunderstorms all afternoon and evening, we opted to go tonight instead.  It was on the way home that I discovered that I think fair food (mmm.... funnel cake...) might be what triggers my migraines (booo... funnel cake...), as I have one battling its way into my little skull right now.  Motrin's in, shower's done, and I'm a "publish" button away from going to bed.  Hopefully this one will go away on its own now.

Today's 5 Things:
  1. I found the coolest bug yesterday that I thought was dead - it was like a shiney golden ladybug.  I brought it in the house to show off and thought enough to put it under a glass and it turns out it was alive!  He's now back outside on the vines I found him on :)
  2. I've trained my husband well enough that he was able to recognize skinny and mismanaged horses at the fair - *and* he recognized a woman's piss-poor riding and was even able to tell *why* it was terrible!
  3. I get to cross another item off the List!!!
  4. Hehehe... I'm not allowed to publicly declare the funny thing my husband googled tonight, but it was funny!
  5. I did much better on my workout than I'd thought that I would.  Maybe Warrior Dash isn't such a crazy dream after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment