Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 22

Today proved me to still have a couple dizzy spells, a little bit of short-term memory problems and a half-swollen eye, but I'm otherwise no worse for wear.  Didn't get a lot done outdoors, but kept busy inside.  I did get more sleep than normal, but I think I'm starting to get back on schedule again, so I'm going to aim to go to the gym tomorrow, provided my head's behaving by then.  I was super stoked to get on the horses today, too (before puppy-head-bashing time), but I am pretty obedient about sticking to my "if you're not 100% don't get on" rule.

14 More word count done on my 'fic and it's actually starting to turn out much better than I thought that it would.  It's still super embarassing, but at least it sounds good, right?

27 This month's band is called Delta Heavy.  It's got a pretty fun sound to about 90% of it - where it's kinda techno-y, but then there's about 10% that is a little bit of that grungy/electronic sound that I don't really care for.  It just sounds too heavy for the style.  I think my favorite part of this band was watcing the music video for their song "Get By."

38 Progressed a little bit more - we finally bought another storage tub for the next installment of things that need to make it out to the shed, giving me actual room to begin working on sorting through things in my office.  My dad's going to be stopping by tomorrow evening, so I don't know if I'm going to get to finish my office tomorrow, but it's certainly in the very, very near future!

39 I'm not trying a BRAND new recipe tonight, more like fixing one that I tried last month.  They're supposed to be knock-offs of the most delicious rolls EVER and I didn't use enough yeast last time.  Hopefully, I have it right this time.  I'd like to add that I'm not counting this as my "new recipe" for the month, just that I'm hoping I'm going to get to write it on a recipe card for my cook book tonight!  Still brainstorming on what will be my new food :)

40 is still totally going strong, so is 44.  I'm pretty sure (with the exception of the laundry, that one I still have to motivate myself for) that they're all ingraining quite well and shouldn't be a problem to continue after the 16th, when I'm "free" from them.

51 So, yesterday I fixed hot wire in one pasture.  Today, I made my first step towards making my laundry room awesome.  We picked out and purchased the new floor that is going to be laid down, and I'm going to surprise my dad when he gets in tomorrow with asking him to help show me how to remove the old stuff so I can get to work on the new :)  With this officially underway, 52 (fixing my good washer and moving the front loaders out of the barn and into the house!) is going to be able to happen within the week!!  I'm still not sure if I'm going to paint the laundry room - I really want to, but don't know what colors I want - but know I'll have to figure that out in the next day or so if I want to do it without killing myself moving large objects.  We'll see about that one.  Still trying to figure out what color scheme would be best (my kitchen's currently yellow, but I'm not sold on liking it - I think yellow fits a laundry room better, but I don't want *two* yellow rooms if I don't end up redoing the kitchen.

60's progress is failing rapidly for this month.  Today was supposed to be a no-spender, but I've obviously bought quite a lot.  Tomorrow is going to have a price tag, too, as I have to go pay the mortgage on the farm and pick up vitamins for the horses.  Maybe Wednesday will work.  Let's hope for that.

61, my quarterly mini-vacations, is currently being planned - woopie!!

77 I totally paitned my nails today.  It took me about two hours because the polish didn't want to dry enough for me to put my tape down, and it was super cute for about the first five minutes that they were done.  Then, however, I started to, you know, do things, and they started to look like hell.  Ah well.  I think I have a better plan of attack for them next go-around.

My 5 Things
  1. Long story short, I thought we lost the moon.  I am relieved to announce that it just rose really, really late tonight.
  2. I can actually walk in to my office now without being afraid that I'm going to trip on something and kill myself.
  3. I can see having my good washer and dryer set up and running in the very, very near future!!!  I can't WAIT! (I have literally been known to watch my front-load washer like a TV.  Don't ask.)
  4. I spent more time being productive today than Pinning crap that is about how to be more productive - go me!
  5. My husband finally quit playing Skyrim.  Thank GOD.  I know he'll go back to it, but the music in that game makes me feel like I'm watching my own funeral. 

No comments:

Post a Comment