Friday, August 10, 2012

Days 25 and 26

Didn't blog yesterday because my dad was here, almost missed today, too due to a killer migraine.  Gonna try to catch up super-quick like because I'm pretty nauseous and just want to go to sleep.

Yesterday, all of my normals got finished.  Nothing exciting got done.  Sums it up pretty good.

Yesterday's 5 Things
  1. Got some super good writing in
  2. Dad got here safely from Illinois
  3. It was a no-spend day!
  4. I got some free string cheese, thanks to Illinois fair over-load
  5. One of my magazines came in the mail (I'm a periodical addict)
I can't remember if I've mentioned that my dad has the absolute most awesome job on earth.  He's a cheese/dairy competition judge.  If I go off on a cheese-tangent, that is why.

Today, the only real thing special that I accomplished was that I have three new cheeses to add to the list (thanks to more judging), aged cheddar, soft goat cheese and pizzicato.  I'd never eaten goat cheese in my life until today.  The washer/dryer/laundry room floor thing never got finished today like I planned on, due to my husband not getting any sleep, my dad having judged two fairs in as many days, and my migraine.  That's okay.  It will get done when it needs to get done, I suppose.  I think I can knock out the floor with the old machine still in there if I get a little creative.

Today's 5 Things:
  1. I heard my dad call a carton of cottage cheese "a work of art."
  2. I got to play at the fair!  I love fairs!
  3. My dad made it safely back home (ever get the feeling that I worry about loved ones when they travel?  I do)
  4. I have the cuddliest puppies in the world <3
  5. I restrained myself quite well and managed not to blow a bunch of money at the fair, which I was kind of worried I might do.

No comments:

Post a Comment