Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 36

Today was dominated by my workout from Hell and pony customization.

I almost didn't go to the gym again today, because I didn't sleep well last night, and woke up sore.  However, I'd already had two days in a row off, and really needed to workout, so workout I did.  I was really pretty excited with myself - ran for 30 minutes solid and worked on 5.5 machines.  The .5 was during my shoulder presses when my arms litterally started shaking too much for me to move them anymore and I decided to call it quits.  I'm happy with what I got done today, but DANG it hurt!  To reward myself for a job well done, my husband and I treated ourselves to subs from our favorite sandwich shop, so today was not a no-spender.  That's fine.  We only have a few more to go :)

As far as my ponies go, I really found my motivation.  I put the heads of everyone I'm working on on the end of pencils and have them staring at me from a cup on top of the computer tower.  Two of them have the whites of their eyes painted in and just keep staring at me all lifeless-like.  Kinda helped get my rear in gear.  I can now say that Garrus is 90% sculpted (only have his arms and toes left!), but I think he's going to have to get finished tomorrow.  It's late, and I'm tired.  Maybe while he's baking, I'll pull out my paints and work on finishing Joker's body (well... I need to finish painting his head, too.  Still not too sure on what I'm going to do for his ball cap, though).  I'm not sure if I'm going to jump right on board with sculpting the next pony body or not (looks like the Sheps are gonna get their bodies next, that or EDI), or if I'm going to go on another pony hiatus, but I've started talking a bit too much about this project at this point and really think I need to buckle down on at least a few more. 

I already got this week's band taken care of, too.  It's a band called Purity Ring that my brother described as "chill" and I have to agree.  It was very pleasant to listen to, something that is totally not distracting and good for just doing your own thing.  I might keep them in mind to listen to later, which is what this experiment of new bands was all about in the first place :)

So far, neither reading nor writing occurred today, but I think I'm going to get a little bit of one or the other in right before I go to bed.  (I did get another 2k in on my 'fic before bed last night).  My paddocks got picked, my photo got taken, laundry and dishes are up to date.

My 5 Things:
  1. Felt super motivated - yay!
  2. Cleaned some of the fish tanks - yay!
  3. I GOT ICE CREAM!  YAY!
  4. Took a nice, hot soak after my workout - yay!
  5. I got some magazines in the mail today (and I do love me some magazines!) - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment