Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 24

I am SO proud of myself today!  I can't wait to go all the way through the numbers to brag about the fact that I tore up all of the crappy, disgusting vinyl floor in the laundry room and laid down new, beautiful tile all by my big girl self!  I did have some help moving the washer out of the way to tile under it, and I haven't gotten to under the drier yet, but by tomorrow evening, the laundry floor will be done AND my good washer and dryer will be hooked up - FINALLY!  Now all I have to worry about is what to do with the old ones.  I'm fine donating them, but we have no way to transport them.  Guess we'll have to get creative :)

Got a little bit more 'fic work done, an adorable picture of Ninja taken and began sketching out penguins for my penguin painting(s).  I have ultimately decided that I'm going to do a set of 4 or 6 cartoon-ified penguins of different species.  I haven't decided where they are going to hang yet, but seem to be leaning towards the master bathroom.  The only problem is, I have a super cute old Clorox ad with some kid pulling rabbits out of a toilet that I wanted to frame and put in my bathroom, and rabbits in a toilet don't really go with penguins.  Might have to get creative on this one, too ;)

Dishes, laundry and floors are all done, and today was a no-spend day - hooray!  Not sure what tomorrow will hold, but I'd like to get these cheap days knocked out of the way sooner than later, that's for sure!  We also got in our dinner and game at the table today, too :)

Today's 5 Things
  1. WE GOT RAIN!!!
  2. I'm totally digging how clean my hosue is these days <3  SO glad I decided to do this challenge!
  3. I've never actually completed a significant home improvement project on my own before, and I was totally ALL over it today!  My dad trained me well.
  4. My awesome husband let me sleep in (granted, it was because I had nightmares last night, but they were nightmares with the Avengers in them, so I couldn't complain *too* much)
  5. We got mail today!  Just junk, but we hadn't gotten any all week, and I'm pretty easy to entertain.  Checking the mailbox is sometimes the highlight of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment