Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 19... still rough.

By late this evening, I finally managed to start feeling a little more like myself.  I didn't even get any reading done today, but did log 12 hours of sleep over the past 24.  I'm hoping big time that feeling better right now is actually going to be how things are and that I actually kicked whatever was wrong with me.  Back in the day, I very seldom got sick (but when I did, it always hit me HARD).  I'm hoping my improving lifestyle is going to help me get back to that.

The few things I *did* accomplish today?

I got my floors done.  I have the dishes and laundry put away (although, I have to admit that I haven't loaded the dirty dishes back in to the dishwasher - some things just aren't worth it when you're sick, you know?).  I stillhave a couple of dry goods from grocery shopping on the island, but that's because I don't yet have room for the flour and sugar in my baking cabinet.  Tomorrow, when I'm making bread, muffins and cookies, I should finish up the stuff that's in the cabinet so the new stuff can go "home." 

I painted 9 of my nails today - number 10 was voted to stay bare, due to the dog bit along the cuticle.  I figured that even if the nail polish didn't hurt the wound (it is mostly healed now, just painful with a flap of drying skin), the polish remover would sting like a mother, so now I suppose it just looks like I'm trying to draw attention to my middle finger.  I did them pretty simple today (this week - I can't believe it's already Friday!  Where did the week go?), just a blue and purple "reverse" French manicure.  Don't know what it's actually called.  Picture pending.

I also listened to my new band today, thanks to my brother's suggestion.  It's called Knife Party, and I'm honestly not too sure what I think of them.  It's not weird for me to be like that, as even with bands that I know I love, I still sometimes have to listen to their new albums a few times before I'm convinced I like it.  It's kinda like techno/ravey mixed with reggae.  It's certainly something I've never heard before!

I also had it brought to my attention that August is Camp NaNo round 2, so I might use that as motivation to finish my 'fic.  This story needs to get out of my mind (as of like ten years ago) so I can concentrate on other things.  Seriously.  If I thought my OCs were stalking me while writing my Afflicted saga, good LORD these cannon characters will not leave me alone!  It's like they've got cameras in the shower and EVERYTHING.

My 5 Things:
  1. My dad made me laugh pretty hard today
  2. I talked to everyone in my family today without even meaning to :)
  3. Groceries!!
  4. I'm starting to feel better, and am hoping that the trend sticks
  5. Crystal is now a very positive 99% sound, so I'm planning on putting her back to "work" tomorrow with slow and straight exercises.  She needs a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment