Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Days 37 (yesterday) and 38

New (not-so-cute) thing that I've uncovered about myself: I'm getting old.  Old, as in, at night when I get tired, I absolutely crash.  That, or I'm getting sick.  Sick could be a possibility, too, especially after today's workout flop (see below).  I didn't get to my blog yesterday 1. Because I lost track of time being totally awesome and 2. Because of my old-ness, I pretty much got slap-happy exhausted and had to go straight to bed after my shower.  No joke.

Anyway, yesterday wasn't very productive outside of the house, but MAN ALIVE did I get some ME pony progress!  Let's see, Joker's body got finished with its paint job and sealed.  He got his tail rooted, his face finished and sealed and his mane rooted, then his beard flocked.  Garrus's body got finished with its sculpt work and survived his baking.  EDI's head sat there and stared at me for a while as I schemed up what I want to do with her, and both Shepards got their heads completely primed and ready to go.  Overall, I spent probably a full 8 hours working on freaking My Little Ponies yesterday.  The result?  I'm deliriously happy to see them getting done :)

Outside of Pony progress, I got my dishes taken care of (didn't have enough laundry to justify runninga load), picked my paddock and took my picture.  Pretty much that all sums up my day.  Exciting stuff, huh? 

Yesterday's 5 Things:
  1. I got sushi for dinner!  I've been craving it for pretty much a week or so and finally got it! 
  2. I TOTALLY got my motivation for working on my ponies back (not gonna lie, the prospect of possibly having some of the hubby's nerd friends over this weekend is kind of helping me with my desire to work on them)
  3. I have my string garden all planned out and know how to go about assembling it.  Now all I need is my substrate and it'll be done!
  4. Revisited Firefly while I worked on rooting Joker's head.  I miss Firefly.
  5. I didn't ache as bad as I expected to after the previous day's workout :)
Today, I got quite a bit of pony work done again.  Joker's flocked beard got dyed its appropriate color and he got fully assembled.  I have a visor from a Rainbow Dash that I'm trying to turn into his hat, but I'm not sure if it will go on his head without damage his paint job.  So, if I can convince myself Joker's complete without his hat, he's officially done.  Garrus's head is a good 85% finished with his paint job, and his body is around 50%.  I fully expect to have his painting finished and sealed by the end of the day tomorrow.  EDI's head has its base coat down, and I decided to be gutsy and try styling her hair instead of sculpting it on.  I'm going to need a lot of wish lucked to me for this one, as I'm terrible at styling.  MShep has his head finished with its base coat, I just have to find a better picture of his eyes to know how I want to paint them.  FemShep's face is completely on (including super cute freckles!), and she's going to get rooted tomorrow.  I'm so excited for this 1. Because rerooting is my FAVORITE part of customizing (well... besides gluing the head on and looking at the pony finished for the first time) and 2. Because I'm super excited about her hair color - it's a very pretty red :).  If Garrus makes it to the rerooting stage tomorrow, I'll consider it a big time bonus, but I'll be happy just to have his paint work done.  Haven't decided when I'm going to start sculpting the bodies of the three heads I have in progress yet, but I'm sure that will work itself out in good time :)

It was our 8th no-spend day of the month - we're almost there!, I got my dishes done, my laundry is currently running, and I'm going to grab my camera for a pic of something as soon as this post is over.  I got a really good, really insightful chunk of reading done (about time, right?) that really tied everything so far together.  I'm also pretty hmm... amused?  disgusted?  I don't know what the right word is, to go through my horsey life carrying around a deeper understanding of classical horsemanship now.  It kind of takes some of the authority out of the training articles in the magazines I read, espcially when you see all of the orchestra-conductor hands and uneven contacts and such.  I mean, it didn't really make sense before, but now it just baffles me that there are people who pay these trainers BIG bucks for doing things that just aren't right. 

I was so excited for my workout today, but unfortunately, it was a flop.  I don't know what happened, besides my diaphragm cramped up and made it so I literall couldn't breathe if my upper body was moving.  It worked okay for a little bit as long as I held on to the sides of the treadmill to keep my torso still, but that made it super hard to actually run.  I ended up going for 20 minutes, which is 15 short of what my goal of the day was.  Pretty disappointed about that, but I do have to look at the 20 minutes that I did run, compared to the "OMG I can't run more than 50 meters!" that I was at six weeks ago.  Trying to find the positive.  We had some delicious pad thai (it's becoming a household staple, lol) at the table for dinner today and played a pretty mean game of Candy Land.  When our bonus comes in, we're going to invest in a couple more board games.  Not that I don't love Guess Who? and Candy Land, but there really are only so many times you can play them in a row before you just want a game of Sorry! or something.  I have Horseopoly, but even the "quick play" rules state that it will take about an hour.  Not sure I want to make that kind of commitment to a board game over dinner.

Today's 5 Things:
  1. All of my fish tanks are now clean :)
  2. I slept SUPER good last night.  Like, so good that when I woke up because of a yowling cat, I realized I was freezing because I hadn't dried my hair before bed and hadn't moved at ALL so was laying on wet pillows.
  3. I baked another cookie pie, new and improved with M&Ms :)
  4. The neighbors got back.  I'd been taking care of their dog for... uh... two weeks now?  They were supposed to be gone for one week, then postponed, then postponed again, then postponed one more time.  Well, they got back this evening, so I get my mornings back to the normal routine again.
  5. I got help with house chores today - that's ALWAYS something to be grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment