Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 28

Wee!

I got a really good chunk of reading done and sat down and scheduled out an actual chapter-by-chapter plan of attack to finish this month.  Remember how I was talking about how much I loved the structure of school?  I think this is totally going to pay off (and yes, I was one of the nerds that actually read the assigned reading - even before the class it was supposed to be read for).

I didn't get any more work on the arena done today, BUT I did officially begin my month of picking the pasture.  It's pretty bad, too.  I was super good about keeping them clean when it was just Crystal, but since Star joined her, then winter came and I got my weird immune system shut down, I kind of let up and just never started again because it's been so hard to get a foothold on it.  Well, I took eight whole buckets of crap out of it today, and I plan on doing the same thing until I'm caught up and can get away with one bucket a day.  Shouldn't be too hard, provided I don't run out of room in the dumpster! (Another weird fact about me, I throw my horse poop away.  It's a little trick I learned in Texas, and it helps a TON with smells and flies)

We did get the rain from the forcast today, but most of that time was spent in the pasture (since the horses weren't in it and honestly after a summer without rain, it felt good to be out in it!) and writing on my 'fic on the porch.  Got some good snuggle time in with Margaret, one of the barn cats at that time, too.  I did work on my office a bit, but nothing really noteworthy.  I got sidetracked with tearing good articles out of old magazines, which I guess goes with the "get rid of what I don't need," but I really wanted to get the office more clean that it ended up being today.  Well, there's always tomorrow!

Todays' photo got taken, the floors got done (early, even!), dishes and laundry still caught up, AND we got our dinner at the table/game night taken care of already!  Wowee!  (True story, I guessed my husband's first Guess Who guy on my first question: "Is your guy Peter?"  BAM!  Won.)  Conveniently enough, it was also another no-spend day (day 4 for this month).  It's really easy to not spend money when you don't leave the house, and it makes it super exciting to go out when you barely ever leave.

Oh!  And on my cheese list, this past Tuesday, I totally had feta, and I don't think it's on the list of what I have to eat in the next three years yet.  I'll go back and actually start keeping a list one of these days.  I'm actually tired on time tonight, so it'll have to wait :)

Today's 5 Things:
  1. Rain!
  2. Star worked super hard for me today <3 (Crys never got the chance, because it got crazy windy right before I was getting her ready)
  3. The Kiga clone that I found on petfinder got adopted, so I don't have to worry about feeling guilty for not adopting him now
  4. I had TWO meals cooked for me today!  TWO!
  5. I really think that I do have the best barn cats in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment